Apparently I’ve been nominated for a ’Lemonade Award,’ presented to sites with great attitude or gratitude–a big Thank You to lovely ladies Neith and Pat over at Real Astrologers http://realastrologers.com/ who put me on their list of 10–and that’s part of the deal, you pass along a list of 10 favorites, which is very tough for me to do–have you seen my blogroll? I love them all, for a variety of reasons! So, here’s 10 of my favorites (or at least, the first 10 who come to mind!) Many congrats to Pat and Neith on their nom, too–I’ve tried repeatedly to comment on their site, but am told I have an invalid user name (no matter how I modify it–and obviously I have a wordpress presence)–hope that’s just Merc retro talking, and not a Universal message!
1. Jude Cowell at Jude’s Threshold http://judecowell.wordpress.com/ and Stars Over Washington http://starsoverwashington.blogspot.com/ and several other outstanding creative venues–she’s got an incredibly deep knowledge, a strong sense of history and politics, some of the best use of astrological degree symbolism around, and an excellent bs detector–her insights are phenomenal!
2. Love the insights of hitchhiker72–she’s “Unwriting the I”– at A Question of Mindfulness http://questionofmindfulness.wordpress.com/ She’s a thinker and observer in the best sense, commenting on the heart of the matter, whatever it may be, with just the right balance of knowledge, honesty, and personal reference.
3. Deeply thoughtful and well-realized astrological philosophy and meaning are the province of Chirotic Journal http://chirotic.wordpress.com/, definitely a favorite for its thorough, dimensional examination of natal placements and configurations.
4. aello at Dream Orpheus http://dreamorpheus.wordpress.com/ offers perceptive, sensitive, and enlightening dream interpretation–always fascinating reading!
5. Prolific, with a wide-ranging slate of topics and some of the sharpest astrological analysis around, Twilight at Learning Curve on the Ecliptic http://twilightstarsong.blogspot.com/ never disappoints, and always gives the mind something fresh to ponder.
6. The application of astrology to Self-analysis is first rate at Lucy Watch the Sky http://lucywatchthesky.com/, and she has the capacity to state things in such a way that we can take the core of the observation and apply it ourselves–and that’s a gift.
7. One of the most useful and well-done sites ever is by serennu http://www.serennu.com/ Loads of hard to find info accurately presented–and follow her on Twitter, as she offers excellent Tweets that are truly enlightening http://twitter.com/serennu
8. Urania’s 9th House http://www.uranias9thhouse.com/blog/ offers succinct snapshots of current aspects, plus always fine commentary on conditions–greatly informative, in the best sense.
9. Found What the Astral Fog http://astralfog.blogspot.com/ very recently–love the tone and sheer utility, while still being imbued with poetry, of the advice. Added bonus is ‘birthcards’ (using a regular deck) of famous individuals for the day.
10. I’m cheating here; imaginative and fun is the astro info found at Wisestars http://wisestars.wordpress.com/ but I also want to note a new site that offers something different: advice for the day based on both Tarot and the Mayan systems at Stargates54 http://stargates54.wordpress.com/ Check both of them out!
It’s requested that each nominated site also do its own noms, include the logo shown here, and notifiy each nominee at their own site (something I’ll do in a few hours). And good luck to all, readers and nominees, as with such ‘tude this week, and bull on the rise, we’ll all need to make lemonade from life’s lemons!